PayPal - Express
| Where is this feature?|
|1. ||Log In|
|2. ||Cart Settings|
|3. ||Payment/Gateway Settings|
PayPal Express has the following requirements:
Once you have been approved, you can download your API certificate as follows:
- Currently only supports USD currency transactions.
- You must have a PayPal business account, and go through the Website Payments Pro application process.
Now that you have saved the PEM to your computer, you will need to upload the file to the cart administration area as follows:
- Login to PayPal.
- Go to "Profile"
- Click on "My selling tools"
- then click "Update" next to "API Access"
- then, "Request API Credentials" and finally choose "Request API certificate".
Note: if you already have credentials then you will click on "View or Remove Credentials" and skip step 5.
- Select "API SSL client-side certificate" and agree to the PayPal terms
- Take note of the API username/password you will need to enter this into the shopping cart
- Click "Download Certificate" and save it on your computer
- Log into your shopping cart account administration.
- Go to step 4, "Payment/Gateway Settings".
- Enable "PayPal Express" from the type of order transactions allowed.
- The page will refresh and you will be able to enter your API Username and password.
- Then use the "Browse" button next to the API Certificate option to browse your computer and upload the file.
- Click the "Save" button at the bottom of step 4 to save the information.
Type of transactions
- Authorize - You will manually need to "capture" the funds in your PayPal account after you ship your order
- Capture - Fully automated payment
- Mark flow - A PayPal payment type appears on the payment page, similar to the way Visa and Mastercard appear as payment types
- Shortcut - A PayPal check out button appears on the view cart page, similar to our normal check out button
- All - Both location above will be used