QCCart's shopping cart software has features that let you add discounts, gift certificates, and coupons. Follow these easy directions to add these feature to your shopping cart.
Keep in mind that you only have 10 gift certificates available for free. To purchase more please contact us
How to create single gift certificate
How to make a button that will allow your customers to purchase gift certificates
- In Cart Administration, click 'Gift Certificates' under 'Extra Features'.
- Click 'Create a new gift certificate'.
- Type in a 'Gift Certificate ID'. This can be any combination of numbers and letters. It is what the customer you give the certificate to will use to redeem it.
- Put in the amount the gift certificate is valid for. This is a dollar amount.
- Select an expiration date.
- Check the box if you don't want the gift certificate to be valid yet. You will need to uncheck this when you want it to start being valid.
- Mail the Gift Certificate ID to the customer you created it for.
You also need to have a way to allow customers to add gift certificates to the cart. Here is the easiest way to do this:
- In Cart Administration go to '"Add Cart" Code' under 'Button Builders'.
- Give it a description, such as 'Gift Certificate'.
- Give it a price. This will be the value the gift certificate can be redeemed for.
- In the 'Exempt' field, chose the option that says 'Gift Certificate' in it. This is what tells our system that the item being purchased is a gift certificate.
- Fill out any other fields you desire.
- Click 'Create Add To Cart Code'.
- Put the button on your site as you would any other product button.
- Now when customers buy that product, the cart will automatically generate Gift Certificate IDs for them.
- In Cart Administration, go to step 8: Other information.
- Click the box that says 'Allow gift certificates to be added from view cart'.
- Click 'save'.
Keep in mind that you only have 10 gift certificates available for free. To purchase more please contact us for pricing.