How to Setup the Gift Certificate Feature.
Follow these easy directions to add this feature to your shopping cart.
QCCart's shopping cart software features the potential for you to add gift certificates for your products. This feature not only lets your customers give your products to other people but it will bring the recipients of the gift certificates to you online business. This is a win-win marketing strategy. Your customers get what they want and they promote your business.
Having you customers buy gift certificates is a great way to increase your customer base because your new customers are referred by their friends. You can encourage your current customers to give away gift certificates around the holidays by combining discounts based on dollar volume or number of items per purchase with gift certificates. This way you will be able to promote more sales.
How to create single gift certificate:
- In Cart Administration, click 'Gift Certificates' under 'Extra Features'.
- Click 'Create a new gift certificate'.
- Type in a 'Gift Certificate ID'. This can be any combination of numbers and letters. It is what the shopper will use to when redeeming the gift certificate.
- Put in the amount the gift certificate is valid for. This is a dollar amount.
- Select an expiration date.
- Check the box if you don't want the gift certificate to be valid yet. You will need to uncheck this when you want it to start being valid.
- Mail the Gift Certificate ID to the customer you created it for.
How to make a button that will allow your customers to purchase gift certificates:
- In Cart Administration go to '"Add Cart" Code' under 'Button Builders'.
- Give it a description, such as 'Gift Certificate'.
- Give it a price. This will be the value the gift certificate can be redeemed for.
- In the 'Exempt' field, chose the option that says 'Gift Certificate' in it. This is what tells our system that the item being purchased is a gift certificate.
- Fill out any other fields you desire.
- Click 'Create Add To Cart Code'.
- Put the button on your site as you would any other product button.
- Now when customers buy that product, the cart will automatically generate Gift Certificate IDs for them.
You also need to have a way to allow customers to add gift certificates to the cart. Here is the easiest way to do this:
- In Cart Administration, go to step 8: Other information.
- Click the box that says 'Allow gift certificates to be added from view cart'.
- Click 'save'.