By following the steps below your self-supplied HTML Web Page(s) will transform into a shopping-ready environment without extensive effort, complicated programming, or high-cost maintenance!
- Sign-up For A Cart Account.
- Login to the shopping cart administration to configure your Order Form / Shopping Cart settings.
- Configure your "Cart Settings". Most of these have acceptable defaults. However, you will want to customize the steps to make the shopping cart feel more like your website. Each option will have a help button if you need additional information about a setting. There is a "Preview Cart" button at the bottom of the steps so that you can view the shopping cart with your current settings.
- Create an HTML page to use as your test page. You can test your document either on your local system (this requires an open Internet connection) or by uploading the Web Page to your Site. We recommend that you create only one button and test it to your satisfaction before creating additional buttons. Creating only a single button will save you time if you find that you made a mistake, or missed an option.
- Create your "ADD TO CART" buttons by using the "Button Builder" options within the QCCart administration to create the "Add to Cart" button. Or, if you would prefer, you can manually create the HTML for your add buttons using the documentation found here. Note: remember to create only one button, then completely test it before creating additional buttons.
- Double check your shipping prices. You can do this by clicking on your first test button. You will need to proceed to "Check Out" so that the shopping cart will display your shipping amount. Check the amount to make sure that it is accurate. The most common problems with shipping are:
- Innacurate product shipping weight. (Remember to include packing materials in your weights)
- Incomplete setup in step #6 "Shipping Options" under "Cart Settings" of the QCCart administration
- Products shipping method is not setup properly.
- Create your "VIEW CART" buttons (optional). This creates a view button so that customers can see what is in their cart. Go to the QCCart administration under "Button Builders" to create the "View Cart" button. This is not required since an add button will automatically allow the user to view their cart.
- Create your "CHECKOUT" buttons (optional). This creates a checkout button so that customers can go directly to checkout from your website. Go to the QCCart administration under "Button Builders" to create the "Check Out" button. This is not required since the add/view buttons will give your customers the option to checkout.
- Test your page and verify your settings. When these steps are completed accurately, you should be able to add an item to QCCart, view the contents, checkout, and receive secure order notification via email. Test credit card numbers can be found here
- Remember to permanently activate your account by contacting your reseller. If you do not have a reseller click here. If you experience a problem in implementing this service, please review the steps to make sure the information is accurate. If you have additional questions, comments, or suggestions regarding QCCart please let us know by logging into Quick Commerce Cart and clicking on the support button.